Looking for gaming friends for Xbox

Hello I’m the father of a 11 year old child with high functioning autism i am looking for other kids like him because the kids that he plays with now really don’t understand how to interact with him and constantly hurt his feelings and make him feel not included im just looking for help 

• Hi ya, my son is 12yr and is desperately trying find friends online. He plays the usual such as Minecraft, fortnight, robolpx and destiny but is always uo for trying new games too. 

• Hi Samuz 

My son is 9years old and is asd. My boy is more outgoing with the mask off but very shy and withdrawn with the mask. Although masking isn’t good for him in terms of energy depletion he doesn’t seem to stand out too much. What I push a little now we know is this. My son has a group of 4 other friends, we all live in the same town. We do a lot of things together as in dads and sons for eg: watch motor cycle racing, go karting, laser tag, cinema, bowling and roller skating. We even went camping together for 2 nights. I find this helps them bond massively in a controlled environment where you are there to intervene if needed. I haven’t disclosed my sons autism yet as he hasn’t had the assessment, maybe doing things dads and sons would give you the opportunity to explain and educate the other dads so that can be passed on? The only reason they don’t get your son is because they don’t understand it, you never know with an explanation they might be on board with it. Some may drift away but a true friend won’t need to be persuaded to hang around but all will need to be educated. 

Hope this helps a little 

Good luck 

• Thank you so much for the For the reply I will do what you recommend he’s just really hyper and loves to socialize and most people can’t handle how out going he is he bring a lot of positive energy so thank you agin 

• Hi Samuz  

It might be helpful to mention the games he enjoys playing. I play along side my family most of the time which is a good way to keep them safe and occupied

I joined a  Minecraft server that's for us neurodivergent folk. Would that be something he would be interested in.

Does he have a particular friend at school who might play? I hope you find some Xbox friends for your son.

Inula