Introductions

Thought I'd say hello.

I'm in my late 40s, self-diagnosed after assessments and research and now waiting for an NHS assessment. In the past I've been diagnosed by professionals as bipolar following meltdowns (I'm not), as well a anxiety and depression (I have neither), before finally realising that people were clearly missing a rather large ASD elephant sitting in the corner of the room waggling his trunk and flapping his ears for attention. 

I live in a tiny village (sometimes called a hamlet) in Cornwall with my wife and dog,  work from home, love nature and I'm a bit of a history obsessive. Very introverted. I'm not a  complete social cripple but I find being with people completely exhausting, likewise noise and bustle. I love living in the country.

So that's me. 

Parents
  • Hello there from just up the road in a hamlet in Devon. I had a similar history of diagnosis and finally got the ASD +ADHD one last year. I wish I'd done more research before the assessment cos I'm sure I meet PDA criteria and if I'd known then I'd have asked. I too find people exhausting. I live alone with a dog and cat and also love the countryside. Cornwall is lovely, I lived there as a child. 

• Hello! I'm right on the border in the Tamar Valley not far from Tavistock - I can see Devon from my study window. I really love living in this part of world. There was a two year waiting list for assessment in Cornwall when I was placed on the list just over a year ago. 

Reply Children