Introductions

Thought I'd say hello.

I'm in my late 40s, self-diagnosed after assessments and research and now waiting for an NHS assessment. In the past I've been diagnosed by professionals as bipolar following meltdowns (I'm not), as well a anxiety and depression (I have neither), before finally realising that people were clearly missing a rather large ASD elephant sitting in the corner of the room waggling his trunk and flapping his ears for attention. 

I live in a tiny village (sometimes called a hamlet) in Cornwall with my wife and dog,  work from home, love nature and I'm a bit of a history obsessive. Very introverted. I'm not a  complete social cripple but I find being with people completely exhausting, likewise noise and bustle. I love living in the country.

So that's me. 

Parents
  • Hello Mart, welcome to the forum.

I also live in a village and welcome the peace and space.

Like you, I have been diagnosed with a variety of things until, at 67, I got a correct assessment of ASC.

It took a while to get used to it, but at last I understand my past and know just who I am.

I am Ben

• Hello Mart, welcome to the forum.

I also live in a village and welcome the peace and space.

Like you, I have been diagnosed with a variety of things until, at 67, I got a correct assessment of ASC.

It took a while to get used to it, but at last I understand my past and know just who I am.

I am Ben

Children
  • I've been living here in a rural northern small town for 7 years now. When I first arrived I complimented to a local (diplomatically I thought) that it's a nice, large village. 'How dare you!' they said 'we're a small town'. I've moved around 25 times so far (partly due to me putting my foot in it I guess) including Devon for two periods (I was born there). One of those was a year in a large outpost / small hamlet which comprised of 6 residences in total Upside down