Travel pass

Hello, I'm new here and looking for some advice please.

Last week I took my pip award to travel centre, which showed I had 12 on mobility, along with ID and such to apply for a free travel pass. To cut a long story short the woman asked me could I prove I had autism and how it affected me. I said I didn't have proof I had autism and by having 12 points on my mobility it had already been decided and declared I am entitled to 12 points by a health professional.  Unbelievably she asked me to bring my diagnostic report to her so she could flick through it to pick out relevant details. Aghast, angry, embarrassed, agitated I left and am still obsessing over the situation. I will now have to ring my gp which I hate and ask can I have some form of letter that says I have autism .

I looked and found a letter that doctors can use as a template, but there was no link to it. Has anyone any advice or experience with this. I'm 54, diagnosed 5 years ago, and I think I may be allergic to 'normal typical 'people.

Parents
  • I will now have to ring my gp which I hate and ask can I have some form of letter that says I have autism

Why don't you write to your GP to ask for a letter explaining the situation and your fears.  Tell them you're losing sleep,  and stress how worried you are. Writing is much safer than telephoning as you can take your time, sleep on it, then check it through, make changes if necessary,  and send it when you're happy with it, keeping a copy for yourself, of course.

Whatever you do, I wish you a happy outcome.

Ben

• Thanks Ben, I think I shall do that, as I had to do that last year,send a letter to gp. I still think what they're asking is wrong, and then I think of all the people before and afterwards who will go through this same scenario. I've just been looking st the blue badge and what would be needed, the pip evaluation is good enough for them, I just can't understand why any organisation think its passable to give their staff the right to look at such documents. I'm disgusted.

It's just like even after diagnosis and  pip award, im not heard.

• Thanks Ben, I think I shall do that, as I had to do that last year,send a letter to gp. I still think what they're asking is wrong, and then I think of all the people before and afterwards who will go through this same scenario. I've just been looking st the blue badge and what would be needed, the pip evaluation is good enough for them, I just can't understand why any organisation think its passable to give their staff the right to look at such documents. I'm disgusted.

It's just like even after diagnosis and  pip award, im not heard.

Children
No Data