I’m Autistic, Now What - YouTube channel

Hello fellow neurokin!

Firstly, thanks to Bees (they/them) for informing me about this channel!

I really like some of their videos, there is obviously some educational stuff about autistic experience but also some funny videos too! I really like the woman (creator of the channel) she is quite funny and very relatable (also love her passion for monotropism too).

I think it’s such a great idea that she created the channel because she came to the realisation of her autistic identity thanks to YouTube and now waits to give back to her own community.

I hope you find her channel informative and enjoyable too!

I’m Autistic, Now What YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/@imautisticnowwhat?si=K_bjvLWA__Ga99hs

Parents
  • I like her channel as well. The content is quite good but it also has a lot of insight into what it's like being autistic, and she is lucky to have so much footage of herself as a child and teenager. It's very interesting to see. The signs were definitely there that she was autistic, but diagnosis was limited in the past, but she also had a very supportive family which will have helped her to cope and mask.

• The signs were definitely there that she was autistic, but diagnosis was limited in the past, but she also had a very supportive family which will have helped her to cope and mask.

Absolutely! I find it quite surprising that she wasn’t identified as autistic as a child too!

Like she has explained in numerous videos though she was probably thought to have anxiety and no one thought to look any deeper into the way her brain works. Also she is AFAB and as we know very well autistic AFAB and gender diverse autistic people often are not identified until adults because of differing social expectations and misdiagnoses.

Alternatively her parents could also be autistic hence why she wasn’t identified earlier.

Glad you enjoy her channel too!

Which of the videos is your favourite?

• Which of the videos is your favourite?

Probably the one where she describes her difficulties at school and college before she was diagnosed, and her attempts to fit in and how she forced herself to study really hard, and how doctors and counsellors continually missed really obvious signs.

I compare it to my own struggles, although I was not a girl and did worse socially than her but I could still relate to a lot of it. I'm interested in hearing stories of undiagnosed people in childhood/school years and how they coped.

• I compare it to my own struggles, although I was not a girl and did worse socially than her but I could still relate to a lot of it. I'm interested in hearing stories of undiagnosed people in childhood/school years and how they coped.

It’s great that you find her experiences growing up so relatable!

I agree I also find childhood stories of unidentified autistics interesting too.

• I compare it to my own struggles, although I was not a girl and did worse socially than her but I could still relate to a lot of it. I'm interested in hearing stories of undiagnosed people in childhood/school years and how they coped.

It’s great that you find her experiences growing up so relatable!

I agree I also find childhood stories of unidentified autistics interesting too.

Children
No Data