This is difficult

Hello

I'm 56. Recently diagnosed. My life is not a life. Total mess. I 'live' in isolation.

On Monday I am going to court because I am too poor to pay council tax. This is destroying me. They will not listen to me, I am struggling to do accounts in the time they demanded. I've had enough. I fear will be homeless soon.

I fought against the diagnosis. I'm devastated that I now know I will never be what I want to be.

I don't know what to do or why I'm here.

The more pressure they keep putting on me the slower I become..

It's all pain and loneliness.

I'm sorry this is such a crap introduction. I can't focus right now.

Parents
  • Thank you everybody for all the helpful suggestions and good wishes. It is all appreciated.
    Today I went to court with a letter explaining everything. I finally decided to embrace my diagnosis (I can't make it go away) and try and at least get something useful from it. I told the court usher I was autistic and from then on everything went much better than I expected. The Council (who were taking me to court) read my letter (which put them in a very bad light) and decided to drop the case and to let me continue on my previous arrangement. They even gave me £5 to pay for the parking! The whole experience with the weeks of dread and the intimidating scenario of the court house (so that I was so stressed I forgot to take money to pay for parking and got lost etc.) has been awful. But now for the very first time my diagnosis has actually proved useful.
    I now need to learn who I really am and try and navigate away from the mess I'm in. Thank you for offering your support when I was most afraid. I may return to these forums in future but I find it very hard to manage these multiple messages at the same time.

• This is excellent news.  I am very pleased for you.  Thank you VERY much for putting my mind to rest - I do find myself inexplicably "invested" in the well-being of certain posters here.....you are one of those.

I navigated my own "coming out - to myself" journey without the help of this place and those within it.

Once I had found this place, I found it much easier to stay sane and to suppress the self-loathing.

I "lurked" on here for ages before I started posting [I have zero internet / social media] and was intimidated.

The multiple messages and threads can be overwhelming at times.....but people here understand that and you don't get push-back irrespective of how you "perform" on here.

I wish you the very best of luck with your onward journey from this point....and please know that you are very welcome to dip-in here whenever you so choose.

Kindest regards

Number.

• This is excellent news.  I am very pleased for you.  Thank you VERY much for putting my mind to rest - I do find myself inexplicably "invested" in the well-being of certain posters here.....you are one of those.

I navigated my own "coming out - to myself" journey without the help of this place and those within it.

Once I had found this place, I found it much easier to stay sane and to suppress the self-loathing.

I "lurked" on here for ages before I started posting [I have zero internet / social media] and was intimidated.

The multiple messages and threads can be overwhelming at times.....but people here understand that and you don't get push-back irrespective of how you "perform" on here.

I wish you the very best of luck with your onward journey from this point....and please know that you are very welcome to dip-in here whenever you so choose.

Kindest regards

Number.

Children
No Data