This is difficult

Hello

I'm 56. Recently diagnosed. My life is not a life. Total mess. I 'live' in isolation.

On Monday I am going to court because I am too poor to pay council tax. This is destroying me. They will not listen to me, I am struggling to do accounts in the time they demanded. I've had enough. I fear will be homeless soon.

I fought against the diagnosis. I'm devastated that I now know I will never be what I want to be.

I don't know what to do or why I'm here.

The more pressure they keep putting on me the slower I become..

It's all pain and loneliness.

I'm sorry this is such a crap introduction. I can't focus right now.

Parents
  • With an autism diagnosis you most probably (you may need to be assessed on how your autism affects your daily life) qualify as disabled. This puts you in a different category from the non-disabled. Discrimination legislation may offer you some protection and benefits like PIP could give you more income. I would write formal letters, perhaps enclosing your diagnosis, or get a letter from your GP, to all the organisations - such as your local council - involved in your present situation, let them know that you are autistic and ask for help.

• Thank you.
    I told the council on the phone and in writing by email about my diagnosis. The only reply I received was 7 days later a court summons dropped through my door.
    I also contacted the Autism Hub in Shrewsbury for help. They lost my email and I had to follow up with a message on their answer machine. Today they finally replied to say they were too busy to help.

• If you live in Shrewsbury I was going to suggest trying a4u (never used but heard good things)  but I see the autism hub comes under their umbrella so there may not be any point depending on how they are organised I.e. can you get help from them separately from the autism hub or would they just pass you to the autism hub if you are autistic?

• If you live in Shrewsbury I was going to suggest trying a4u (never used but heard good things)  but I see the autism hub comes under their umbrella so there may not be any point depending on how they are organised I.e. can you get help from them separately from the autism hub or would they just pass you to the autism hub if you are autistic?

Children
No Data