Hi everyone, introducing myself :)

Hi I am Ang, 

42 year old woman living in Surrey. I have 3 children, 12/14 & 20. I have a passion for Brazilian JiuJitsu, help my partner run a martial arts gym & work for a Brain Injury charity.  

After a lifetime of struggle I finally received my Autism & ADHD diagnosis this year. I also have RSD, OCD, PTSD, anxiety & depression to name but a few.

Even though I always knew I was different and spent my who life trying to find out why, being diagnosed this year had hit me with a tonne of bricks because its the realisation, grief for young Ang who has struggled so much & masked her way through life thinking she was useless & just an awful person.

Life has been hard & after yet another bad mental breakdown, I am now giving up some of my work to focus on my mental health. And looking to find the right support & hear other peoples journeys & how they have helped themselves!

My psychiatrist has recommend many pathways & therapies etc but my doctor said they don't have the resources so I need to find this all myself!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Ang Slight smile

Parents
  • My psychiatrist has recommend many pathways & therapies etc but my doctor said they don't have the resources so I need to find this all myself!

Do you work well using books as a guide? There are plenty of good references we can suggest that give you information and workbooks to follow to deal with whatever aspects of autism are most an issue for you

If this is an option, let us know what you struggle most with as  we can come up with some suggestions.

• Hi Iain

I am not usually great with books, I used to get self help books etc but never got to starting them but now I know what I actually have I think it would be a good idea & hopefully soon I will have some time to read & follow some worksheets because I know it will benefit me a lot, so yes please if you can give me some suggestions that would be great, thank you!

• Hi Iain

I am not usually great with books, I used to get self help books etc but never got to starting them but now I know what I actually have I think it would be a good idea & hopefully soon I will have some time to read & follow some worksheets because I know it will benefit me a lot, so yes please if you can give me some suggestions that would be great, thank you!

Children
No Data