Bouts of burnout

Lately I've been suffering from what I believe to be burnout. It happens regularly, I am very tired and have little energy and strength. I spend much time in my room in bed, napping throughout the day. I suffered mentally two years ago after a family death and since then I get what I feel is bouts of burnout. Some days I feel ok but it doesn't last and then days like today I don't feel so good.

How do you deal with burnout? I rest, it helps but I feel it's such a waste of time and life as all I do is lay in bed. My father calls me lazy. Today though I did manage to do some reading, I use a Kindle now as my vision is terrible. Music is my escape, I love listening to songs it gets me through the day. If I spend too much time up and doing things I get dizzy and very tired, fast. Then I've got to go back to bed until my energy and strength increases again.

Parents
  • Hi No you are not lazy. Burnout can be common with Autistic people even without severe bereavement trauma and one can compound the other. It seems as there is a cause that it might be going to look for ways to work through the causes whether therapy or other stuff but you are not lazy. Take care.

• Hi No you are not lazy. Burnout can be common with Autistic people even without severe bereavement trauma and one can compound the other. It seems as there is a cause that it might be going to look for ways to work through the causes whether therapy or other stuff but you are not lazy. Take care.

Children
No Data