Bouts of burnout

Lately I've been suffering from what I believe to be burnout. It happens regularly, I am very tired and have little energy and strength. I spend much time in my room in bed, napping throughout the day. I suffered mentally two years ago after a family death and since then I get what I feel is bouts of burnout. Some days I feel ok but it doesn't last and then days like today I don't feel so good.

How do you deal with burnout? I rest, it helps but I feel it's such a waste of time and life as all I do is lay in bed. My father calls me lazy. Today though I did manage to do some reading, I use a Kindle now as my vision is terrible. Music is my escape, I love listening to songs it gets me through the day. If I spend too much time up and doing things I get dizzy and very tired, fast. Then I've got to go back to bed until my energy and strength increases again.

Parents
  • You aren't lazy you're autistic and unfortunately burnout is a regular part of our lives. You're doing the right thing by resting, don't force yourself to do things, do them when you feel ready and don't force yourself to get better or you'll put yourself right back! 

If you can try to work out what's caused you burnout. If it's stress, try to eliminate what's stressing you out and that will help you recover from this.

Look after yourself Katy and don't let anybody put you downThumbsup

• You aren't lazy you're autistic and unfortunately burnout is a regular part of our lives. You're doing the right thing by resting, don't force yourself to do things, do them when you feel ready and don't force yourself to get better or you'll put yourself right back! 

If you can try to work out what's caused you burnout. If it's stress, try to eliminate what's stressing you out and that will help you recover from this.

Look after yourself Katy and don't let anybody put you downThumbsup

Children
No Data