Weather stations

Does anyone else have one? 

I installed one at the weekend and have become slightly obsessed, it measures rain, pressure, temperature, humidity, sunlight and UV, wind speed and direction. I currently check at least once an hour and the app has graphs and everything! 

It's ace.

Parents
  • Hi Joe. I find them fascinating too! My current one is an Oregon Scientific unit, which I've had for 23 years now.  It measures room temperature and humidity, the weather trend (sunny, rain, clouds, etc.), pressure and pressure history, and the current time.  Your unit sounds very comprehensive, especially with graphs in the app!

At the moment I'm looking at changing it for one with a bigger display as my eyesight isn't too good, so I'm looking at different makes and models before I decide which one to get.

I agree that it can be very obsessive.  Although I have the Met Office app, I like that I can look at the weather station at any time without having to get into the M.O. app.  It's especially interesting when there is a low pressure system approaching (or going away) because you see the pressure suddenly dipping (or rising) sharply on the history readout.

• Hi Joe. I find them fascinating too! My current one is an Oregon Scientific unit, which I've had for 23 years now.  It measures room temperature and humidity, the weather trend (sunny, rain, clouds, etc.), pressure and pressure history, and the current time.  Your unit sounds very comprehensive, especially with graphs in the app!

At the moment I'm looking at changing it for one with a bigger display as my eyesight isn't too good, so I'm looking at different makes and models before I decide which one to get.

I agree that it can be very obsessive.  Although I have the Met Office app, I like that I can look at the weather station at any time without having to get into the M.O. app.  It's especially interesting when there is a low pressure system approaching (or going away) because you see the pressure suddenly dipping (or rising) sharply on the history readout.

Children