PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • Everything you write when you fill in the pip form has to be backed-up with medical evidence.
    Supporting evidence is needed as we could all write write anything on the form.
    They award points based on proof.

• What do you mean by medical evidence? You can get PIP without any medical diagnosis (although I accept it’s more difficult) and be turned down for PIP despite having multiple medical diagnoses. Supporting evidence certainly helps but it can be from friends, family, carers etc as opposed to a medical professional. I managed to get the basic care component of PIP with just my diagnosis letter and no other supporting evidence. Where I will agree is you have to be specific and say that you can’t do the things that you get points for not being able to do. You can’t just supply a diagnosis and expect DWP to realise that because you are autistic you can’t do x,y and s. The forms are also biased towards physical disability and can take a bit of creative thinking to show ‘ explain why you can’t do some of the tasks you get points for.

• yeah exactly.... you need to actually lie to get pip with autism as the autistic traits are seperated under a social section that is seperate for points..... at most you can get under the points on physical, but the points on social that could have tipped you into pip are then seperated under social and are different point segment, meaning you will be under physical and social points in each section... ofcourse you can lie or stretch the truth, claim you can navigate as that navigation one is pretty vague and anyone can actually say they cant navigate, despite the fact i dont think they mean that by how im thinking, but i can say my navigation is bad and get points on that despite the fact they more mean it as something else like severe instand forgetting memory to the point of alzheimers by that one i think.

• yeah exactly.... you need to actually lie to get pip with autism as the autistic traits are seperated under a social section that is seperate for points..... at most you can get under the points on physical, but the points on social that could have tipped you into pip are then seperated under social and are different point segment, meaning you will be under physical and social points in each section... ofcourse you can lie or stretch the truth, claim you can navigate as that navigation one is pretty vague and anyone can actually say they cant navigate, despite the fact i dont think they mean that by how im thinking, but i can say my navigation is bad and get points on that despite the fact they more mean it as something else like severe instand forgetting memory to the point of alzheimers by that one i think.

Children
No Data