PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • Everything you write when you fill in the pip form has to be backed-up with medical evidence.
    Supporting evidence is needed as we could all write write anything on the form.
    They award points based on proof.

• What do you mean by medical evidence? You can get PIP without any medical diagnosis (although I accept it’s more difficult) and be turned down for PIP despite having multiple medical diagnoses. Supporting evidence certainly helps but it can be from friends, family, carers etc as opposed to a medical professional. I managed to get the basic care component of PIP with just my diagnosis letter and no other supporting evidence. Where I will agree is you have to be specific and say that you can’t do the things that you get points for not being able to do. You can’t just supply a diagnosis and expect DWP to realise that because you are autistic you can’t do x,y and s. The forms are also biased towards physical disability and can take a bit of creative thinking to show ‘ explain why you can’t do some of the tasks you get points for.

• If you could get pip without any medical diagnosis we would all be on it wouldn't we ?
    Have been on it 7 Years,i  know how it works.
    Have been to numerous assessments.
    Have provided proof from my G.P , O.T and CMHT.
    No disrespect, but stop trying to teach me how to suck eggs.
    Do your research.

• If you could get pip without any medical diagnosis we would all be on it wouldn't we ?
    Have been on it 7 Years,i  know how it works.
    Have been to numerous assessments.
    Have provided proof from my G.P , O.T and CMHT.
    No disrespect, but stop trying to teach me how to suck eggs.
    Do your research.

Children
  • I wasn’t trying to teach you to suck eggs as you put it but I can’t stop you taking it that way.

Alternatively if you agree with what I have posted why did you post what you posted?

if you don’t want your posts to be challenged don’t post on a public forum.

like you I also received pip for 7 years until I decided not to renew my claim based on research I did at the time.

I am also a member of a Facebook group helping people claim benefits so I have the knowledge, experience and understanding of over 1000 people in addition to my own. This is how i know it is possible to get pip without a diagnosis because at least one member of the group has done just that.

If your post is typical of how you react to people with different knowledge, understanding and experience to your own I am not surprised you have access to a CMHT.

I also find the first part of your profile name appropriate.