Want to make friends or need help making friends?

Hello everyone,

I am Mark. I hope this message finds you all well. I want to connect with others who might be feeling the same way that I do. I am not sure if I am looking to make friends or create lasting connections. I sometimes wish I could talk to some one when I am in trouble. Someone maybe, could guide me? I would at least like to know what shouldn't do. Or maybe, just talk about things.

Perhaps we could talk about films. I almost never miss a movie in the cinemas. I'm just not really into tv shows and series. Its just I hate to stop in the middle, and I might end up binge-watching the whole thing and I have a really bad perception of time.

I like listening to music. I like Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin, Queen, AC/DC, ABBA, Deep Purple, Madonna, Tame Impala, etc. (please suggest me some artists, if you find similar songs interesting.) 

I take long nature walks, museums, parks. I like animals. I always go to a nearby park and feed squirrels, or ducks. 

I wouldn't say I don't like social interactions. I just don't like it when I don't know what to do. Or when people don't split the bill.( I know you are trying to be nice, but it's going to bug me for days). I like board games. 

I understand we're all in different stages of life and have our own unique personalities and needs, And I am open to any opinion you have and I completely respect that. I am just trying to find a way to fit in somewhere, and I have no idea what I am. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and perhaps getting to know some of you better. Feel free to share your experiences, insights, or even your own journey in seeking friendship. 

Warm regards,

Mark1289

Parents
  • Hi Mark. You have good tastes (imo) in music and movies. I grew up with prog but was also well aware of the punk scene, both UK and US. Other artists I rate are Patti Smith, Ramones, Yes, ELP, Green Day, Wishbone Ash, the early work of all of them though. My origins plumb classical music which I can worked out in the best of the artists I just mentioned. Re movies: like others I adore Blade Runner (Director’s cut), less enthusiastic about the cinematic adaptations of Tolkien, a suggestion: check out Tarkovsky’s Solaris, a superb piece of thinky sci-fi. My “favourite movie of all time” changes from time to time, one which I always return to though is The Unbearable Lightness Being, an adaptation of Milan Kundera’s novel. 

• Hi Mark. You have good tastes (imo) in music and movies. I grew up with prog but was also well aware of the punk scene, both UK and US. Other artists I rate are Patti Smith, Ramones, Yes, ELP, Green Day, Wishbone Ash, the early work of all of them though. My origins plumb classical music which I can worked out in the best of the artists I just mentioned. Re movies: like others I adore Blade Runner (Director’s cut), less enthusiastic about the cinematic adaptations of Tolkien, a suggestion: check out Tarkovsky’s Solaris, a superb piece of thinky sci-fi. My “favourite movie of all time” changes from time to time, one which I always return to though is The Unbearable Lightness Being, an adaptation of Milan Kundera’s novel. 

Children