Diagnosed today - 23/08/2023

Hi all

Just to say that I received a very late diagnosis today. It wasn't a surprise, I have had difficulty with social interaction since being a child. I had a lightbulb moment, 4 years ago, when having counselling for anxiety and depression. I have always felt different. I feel people stare at me - though I used to dismiss this. I remained in my family home far longer than is usual. Although the diagnosis wasn't a complete surprise, it now seems real. Do I now have a new identity? And, where did I go from here? I haven't discussed my diagnosis with family as yet, as they have there own issues. 

It would great to hear from others. 

Parents
  • Hi there! Welcome welcome. I am fairly new too, but everyone (mostly) has been so kind. 

Don't feel like you have to rush into it with your family if you don't know how they will react, you have so much time to play with now. 

Keep messaging us back, we're happy to chat :) x

• Hi there! Welcome welcome. I am fairly new too, but everyone (mostly) has been so kind. 

Don't feel like you have to rush into it with your family if you don't know how they will react, you have so much time to play with now. 

Keep messaging us back, we're happy to chat :) x

Children
No Data