Autistic 19 year old female?

Hiya! As the title said, I'm autistic and diagnosed last year and I really struggled in high school as I'm sure many neurodivergent people will understand and really I'm just looking to talk to people about their experiences with autism, how you guys make friends, and keep them (that's a big struggle for me the past couple years as my depression has been horrible due to the autism) and sensory issues. Anything really. I do feel pretty alone as in my day-to-day life I tend to stay in a lot I think because I feel its safe, and id love to know if someone else has this too. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to talking to someone.

Parents
  • Hey Abbie,

I've been tagged in your post as i'm looking for a pen pal for my younger Autistic and ADHD sister who is also the same age as you and looking for long lasting friends. She is sociable and outgoing and i feel like your opposing personalities (based on your post) would be a great fit for one another.

If its okay with you and something you want, i was hoping to start my sister off with a pen pal. If things go well then of course we can plan a girls day out! Slight smile

I should warn that my sister isn't aware of her condition but has similar social struggles to you. Enough of me typing now, ill let her say a few things so you can get to know her a bit.

'Hello Abbie, can I be your friends and pen pal? what sorts of the things that you like? Hello my name is Shamoya I am 19 years old, so the things i like doing is indoors activities are cooking, baking, arts, hair and beauty, bored games and I also like doing letter writing and outdoors activities are the cinema, costa coffee, Birmingham city centre, swimming and going out for a picnics in the park.'

Thanks Abbie for reading!

Kind Regards

Nas!

• ive written it! the only problem is I did mention autism once i think - so if you want me to rewrite the letter without it in I'm happy to do so. Im apologise i didn't notice that she was unaware of it.

• Aw thats so lovely! Thanks so much Abbi. I don't mind that you mentioned autism, its always better to talk about it.

I'll leave my email address with you and if you still wish be a penpal you can send me an email that i can reply to with my address so you can post the letter and i'll give it to my sister and she'll write a letter back.

[edited due to personal info]

Cant wait to hear from you!

Best wishes Nas 

• Aw thats so lovely! Thanks so much Abbi. I don't mind that you mentioned autism, its always better to talk about it.

I'll leave my email address with you and if you still wish be a penpal you can send me an email that i can reply to with my address so you can post the letter and i'll give it to my sister and she'll write a letter back.

[edited due to personal info]

Cant wait to hear from you!

Best wishes Nas 

Children
No Data