Autistic 19 year old female?

Hiya! As the title said, I'm autistic and diagnosed last year and I really struggled in high school as I'm sure many neurodivergent people will understand and really I'm just looking to talk to people about their experiences with autism, how you guys make friends, and keep them (that's a big struggle for me the past couple years as my depression has been horrible due to the autism) and sensory issues. Anything really. I do feel pretty alone as in my day-to-day life I tend to stay in a lot I think because I feel its safe, and id love to know if someone else has this too. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to talking to someone.

Parents
  • As the noisy weirdo type of autistic I also had real difficulty making friends. What I did when I was in university which I imagine you might be now was fine the student club with all of the weirdos in. That happened to be the Anime society in my case, which was good because I love Anime. And I just kept moving in those circles until they literally kicked me out; all through my PhD and beyond.

look for the students Who go from quiet to literally shouting into the room in about five seconds flat. Who posit an interesting what if question and suddenly start doodling diagrams and equations on napkins. Who have long involved arguments about completely pointless hypotheticals. Look for the group that comes back from sex toy shopping to the student bar and immediately takes all of their sex toys out of their bags and starts passing them around the group like show and tell without any self-consciousness whatsoever.

this is the group in which you will find your kin, your soulmates; people who are your tribe. At least if you’re the noisy weirdo autistic type.

• As the noisy weirdo type of autistic I also had real difficulty making friends. What I did when I was in university which I imagine you might be now was fine the student club with all of the weirdos in. That happened to be the Anime society in my case, which was good because I love Anime. And I just kept moving in those circles until they literally kicked me out; all through my PhD and beyond.

look for the students Who go from quiet to literally shouting into the room in about five seconds flat. Who posit an interesting what if question and suddenly start doodling diagrams and equations on napkins. Who have long involved arguments about completely pointless hypotheticals. Look for the group that comes back from sex toy shopping to the student bar and immediately takes all of their sex toys out of their bags and starts passing them around the group like show and tell without any self-consciousness whatsoever.

this is the group in which you will find your kin, your soulmates; people who are your tribe. At least if you’re the noisy weirdo autistic type.

Children
No Data