Autistic 19 year old female?

Hiya! As the title said, I'm autistic and diagnosed last year and I really struggled in high school as I'm sure many neurodivergent people will understand and really I'm just looking to talk to people about their experiences with autism, how you guys make friends, and keep them (that's a big struggle for me the past couple years as my depression has been horrible due to the autism) and sensory issues. Anything really. I do feel pretty alone as in my day-to-day life I tend to stay in a lot I think because I feel its safe, and id love to know if someone else has this too. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to talking to someone.

Parents
  • I thought being nice was the way to make friends and still don't have a clue why it doesn't work! I thought it was just the fact that I'm shy that was making it difficult. But then I found that a lot of the people that I did speak to stopped talking to me after a while and never became friends with me, and I realized I must just be rubbish at making friends.

And more or less ever since then I've been hoping to find someone to teach me how to make friends, but I've never found anyone.

So that's basically my experience of trying to make friends.

I'm not sure what I did right with the few friends I did have, so I can't really offer any advice on how to make them.

• I thought being nice was the way to make friends and still don't have a clue why it doesn't work! I thought it was just the fact that I'm shy that was making it difficult. But then I found that a lot of the people that I did speak to stopped talking to me after a while and never became friends with me, and I realized I must just be rubbish at making friends.

And more or less ever since then I've been hoping to find someone to teach me how to make friends, but I've never found anyone.

So that's basically my experience of trying to make friends.

I'm not sure what I did right with the few friends I did have, so I can't really offer any advice on how to make them.

Children
No Data