Hi there (am I autistic)

So this is really hard but on completion of the 6 mandatory ASD units, I felt like I was reliving my life. yes I am an educator but there were so many similarities for example, I struggle with both friendships and relationships, I don't link to be around to many people, I have become obsessed with education and connect to my autistic learners like I completely understand them, I am over empathetic, treat my children like my friends and feel I am completely different to many of my peers, on many occasions I struggled to complete courses and left, I cant watch anything bad on TV and I like bland food as strong smells make me sick. 

I can only eat hot food and mainly hot drinks, I prefer the company of my pets and I over analyse everything, especially people and wonder what they think, or worry that they think I'm unusual. 

I don't know what to do!

Parents
  • Hello cerimac1973, welcome to the club!

Everything you write about has connections with your autism in one way or another.

Are there any of these you would like to talk about or get help with? Beaking these down will make it a lot easier to discuss if that is what you want.

It's good to have you here amongst like minded people.

• Hello cerimac1973, welcome to the club!

Everything you write about has connections with your autism in one way or another.

Are there any of these you would like to talk about or get help with? Beaking these down will make it a lot easier to discuss if that is what you want.

It's good to have you here amongst like minded people.

Children
  • Yes, I feel so alone, honestly, I work from home, on my laptop, I like the isolation but really want to make connections. I made a new friend recently, but felt uncomfortable when she mentioned something negative about my daughters dad. I didn't contact her again. 

since then, I spend all of my time at home, or walking my dogs, my older daughter has just moved back, this has unsettled me, although I would not see her homeless Disappointed