Feeling like a fraud

Hi

following months of doubt I decided to contact a Psychologist and we had a chat. He has told me that there is sufficient evidence Togo for a full assessment which is booked. However, even though I can look at how I behave and have it explained I have this doubt, fear that it may be wrong and I am fitting symptoms/ behaviours to suit. I scored 9 on AQ10 and 37 on AQ50.

The more I read and how difficult some people’s lives are mine doesn’t seem that bad, hence the feeling like a fraud. I may be overthinking this as well.

Part of me is frightened of being identified the other frightened of not being as it explains who I am and that’s important. 

is this typical?  Sorry if it seems jumbled 

Parents
  • Hi there :) 

I kinda get how you're feeling. My assessment is next week (eek!) but I'm 90% sure I already know what they're going to say. 

I feel like 'other people have it much worse' - and I also sometimes feel like a fraud because I guess many things in life aren't bad for me. But if I break it down, I have had to suffer more than most people and it's hard to say if all my mental health issues are actually tied up with being undiagnosed autistic this whole time? 

Good luck with going into the assessment it sounds like you have good support already! 

• Hi there :) 

I kinda get how you're feeling. My assessment is next week (eek!) but I'm 90% sure I already know what they're going to say. 

I feel like 'other people have it much worse' - and I also sometimes feel like a fraud because I guess many things in life aren't bad for me. But if I break it down, I have had to suffer more than most people and it's hard to say if all my mental health issues are actually tied up with being undiagnosed autistic this whole time? 

Good luck with going into the assessment it sounds like you have good support already! 

Children
No Data