Feeling like a fraud

Hi

following months of doubt I decided to contact a Psychologist and we had a chat. He has told me that there is sufficient evidence Togo for a full assessment which is booked. However, even though I can look at how I behave and have it explained I have this doubt, fear that it may be wrong and I am fitting symptoms/ behaviours to suit. I scored 9 on AQ10 and 37 on AQ50.

The more I read and how difficult some people’s lives are mine doesn’t seem that bad, hence the feeling like a fraud. I may be overthinking this as well.

Part of me is frightened of being identified the other frightened of not being as it explains who I am and that’s important. 

is this typical?  Sorry if it seems jumbled 

Parents
  • Hi.  I've recently been diagnosed.  It came as a big shock.  I went through something similar to you. My life is pretty good, but I've started to struggle more following the return to 'normal' following covid. As I was going through the process I felt like a fraud a lot ot the time, almost like I was looking for an excuse for my weaknesses / perceived failures.  I beat myself up a lot about it.  To be honest, once I decided to seek diagnosis, I deliberately didn't do any research into what would happen, as I was worried about second guessing what the answers 'should' be. What did help, was writing a report on the different stages of my life.  It brought up some painful memories, but as I worked on it alongside going through the diagnostic process it helped to get my mind ready. By the time I was given a diagnosis I'd made peace with myself. Good luck.  

• Hi.  I've recently been diagnosed.  It came as a big shock.  I went through something similar to you. My life is pretty good, but I've started to struggle more following the return to 'normal' following covid. As I was going through the process I felt like a fraud a lot ot the time, almost like I was looking for an excuse for my weaknesses / perceived failures.  I beat myself up a lot about it.  To be honest, once I decided to seek diagnosis, I deliberately didn't do any research into what would happen, as I was worried about second guessing what the answers 'should' be. What did help, was writing a report on the different stages of my life.  It brought up some painful memories, but as I worked on it alongside going through the diagnostic process it helped to get my mind ready. By the time I was given a diagnosis I'd made peace with myself. Good luck.  

Children
No Data