Recently diagnosed, completely lacking social interactions

Hi,

I am Mark (preferred name not real) and I am 23. I was diagnosed with ASD couple of months ago. Don't know how to react to it.

No matter how badly I want, I can't keep friends or be in a relationship. I don't know what I am doing wrong. 

I like watching films, mostly horror and action. I like listening to music, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Madonna, ABBA, etc.

I was told this is a great place to connect with people.

Parents
  • Hi ,

It is true that this can be a great place for connecting with people. However, just like it is in the outside world, it can require patience and effort to find other members that one feels a sense of connection with.

As for your diagnosis, you're the same person you were prior to your autism diagnosis. However, this gives you the advantage of now knowing why you may struggle with certain aspects of your life. It also provides you with the opportunity to explore if there is anything you can do to help yourself... To make things you may struggle with to feel like less of a struggle.

• Hi ,

It is true that this can be a great place for connecting with people. However, just like it is in the outside world, it can require patience and effort to find other members that one feels a sense of connection with.

As for your diagnosis, you're the same person you were prior to your autism diagnosis. However, this gives you the advantage of now knowing why you may struggle with certain aspects of your life. It also provides you with the opportunity to explore if there is anything you can do to help yourself... To make things you may struggle with to feel like less of a struggle.

Children
No Data