Loneliness

Hello, my 13 year old son has recently been diagnosed with autism after years of struggle at school. It was a relief to finally have a diagnosis but we have been struggling with school and now we are at the point he isn't attending at all. He is such an easy going extremely chatty and funny boy but is very lonely as he can't go outside and is finding it impossible to make a friend.  I find it so heartbreaking when he asks me why can't he be like everyone else and chat to people. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or help at all we could try? Thank you Slight smile

Parents
  • I am sorry to hear about your son.  I too had problems at school and was eventually sent to the Maudsley Hospital and admitted as and inpatient before advancing to boarding school.

For any suggestions.  You could try calling the National Autistic Society to find out any help they could offer; feel free to call them on: 

0808 800 4104
    On a final note.  My publication, 'My Life with Autism' is currently on sale at all good bookshops such as Waterstones for example and, if interested in purchasing a copy.
  • I am sorry to hear about your son.  I too had problems at school and was eventually sent to the Maudsley Hospital and admitted as and inpatient before advancing to boarding school.

For any suggestions.  You could try calling the National Autistic Society to find out any help they could offer; feel free to call them on: 

0808 800 4104
    On a final note.  My publication, 'My Life with Autism' is currently on sale at all good bookshops such as Waterstones for example and, if interested in purchasing a copy.
Children
No Data