New Here

Hi

I am a recently diagnosed 66 year old man who is struggling with coming to terms with the revelation that my whole life has been controlled by a condition I had never learned anything about.

Now that I am working to integrate this new concept I am finding a lot of resistance from my wife and family who are unsettled by how relationships might change.

I hope that this community might provide some answers to so many questions, fears and trepidation.

Ron

Parents
  • Hi, Iain,

I was woundering,  did you have to go through your doctors for a diagnosis assessement or can someone refer them selfs to be diagnosed.

• I had some counselling for depression which resulted in the report back to my GP suggesting an assessment for Autism. When they agreed to refer me I was lucky to be able to choose an on-line service provider funded by the NHS which was much quicker than waiting two years for the local NHS team.

• I had some counselling for depression which resulted in the report back to my GP suggesting an assessment for Autism. When they agreed to refer me I was lucky to be able to choose an on-line service provider funded by the NHS which was much quicker than waiting two years for the local NHS team.

Children
No Data