New Here

Hi

I am a recently diagnosed 66 year old man who is struggling with coming to terms with the revelation that my whole life has been controlled by a condition I had never learned anything about.

Now that I am working to integrate this new concept I am finding a lot of resistance from my wife and family who are unsettled by how relationships might change.

I hope that this community might provide some answers to so many questions, fears and trepidation.

Ron

Parents
  • Hi, Iain,

I was woundering,  did you have to go through your doctors for a diagnosis assessement or can someone refer them selfs to be diagnosed.

• If you have enough money (around £600 - £2,000 depending on provider) you can refer yourself for a private autism assessment. Otherwise, either through the NHS directly, or 'The Right to Choose' (where the NHS pays for a private diagnosis for you) a GP referral is necessary.

• Hi, Martin,

Thank you so much for replying to my message.

Oh wow, that expensive isn't it. I will be 52 this August, in October 2022 I was diagnosed with ADHD and I am on meds for this. I will have to contact my doctor for a referral. 

Thank you again Martin.

Alison

• Martin,

My autism traits defently date back to childhood same as the ADHD traits. Sometimes I honestly feel like I have struggled with every day life/activities all of my life. And when I'm really struggling with thing my communication is awful, I sometimes won't communicate at all. Letting it all stay in my head.

You proberly are thinking all my god, what is she on about. THANK YOU.. 

• Martin,

My autism traits defently date back to childhood same as the ADHD traits. Sometimes I honestly feel like I have struggled with every day life/activities all of my life. And when I'm really struggling with thing my communication is awful, I sometimes won't communicate at all. Letting it all stay in my head.

You proberly are thinking all my god, what is she on about. THANK YOU.. 

Children
No Data