Hello

Hey,

I'm a 25 year old woman who was recently diagnosed with autism and have now been suggested I sign up to this community, my therapists idea I'm normally not social online or in person because of my anxiety.

I'm finding that now I know I'm autistic a lot more about me and my life makes sense which is reassuring and nice to know.

I work in a museum, talking to people about different historical items and events. This also causes great deals of anxiety but also I do enjoy talking about history, so at the same time it's ideal for me.

In my free time I like to draw, listen to music, watch films, write, study history and play Sims.

Nice to meet you! Blush

Parents
  • Hello, I totally get the boat you're in. I also envy your ability to not horribly overshare or write a gigantic wall of text like I struggle with. I was also told to join Autistic communities and it can be really reasurring and comforting to learn so many things about yourself that you may have had issues with all this time are actually normal and accepted by others like you.

Working in a museum sounds really cool and I'm kind of envious, what area of history do you work in? It's a pretty broad subject with plenty of topics and eras in it. I'm a huge sucker for Greek mythology and Dinosaurs, but History was one of my favourite subjects when I was in school.

• Hello, I totally get the boat you're in. I also envy your ability to not horribly overshare or write a gigantic wall of text like I struggle with. I was also told to join Autistic communities and it can be really reasurring and comforting to learn so many things about yourself that you may have had issues with all this time are actually normal and accepted by others like you.

Working in a museum sounds really cool and I'm kind of envious, what area of history do you work in? It's a pretty broad subject with plenty of topics and eras in it. I'm a huge sucker for Greek mythology and Dinosaurs, but History was one of my favourite subjects when I was in school.

Children
  • Hey,

I'm more envious of you being able to write loads. I try to but my brain freezes, I'm like it with people as well it's really awkward.

My historical topics are dinosaurs and Romans. Both I got in to at school and then when the job became available I went for it and I think it was my autism and being obsessed with both which got me the job! Slight smile