Morning, new here

Morning, new to anything like this x 

does anybody here take aripiprizole/abilify and also have diabetes? I am finding my sugar levels are more than doubled and am having difficulty controlling my diabetes x

i would like to stop taking the abilify as I have recently discovered that I have autism x unfortunately I go physchotic when under pressure and stress.  My thinking, is that now I can understand my autism better, I may be able to manage it without going mad x

I’m going to try this approach with the mental health practitioner tomorrow x

im hopeful,  but have previously been refused referral to the psychiatrist by the doctor. Neither doctor or psychiatrist wants to change anything x

meanwhile, I have a rare diabetic rash and slight retinopathy damage to my eyes.

any thoughts or advice most welcome

Parents
  • My thinking, is that now I can understand my autism better, I may be able to manage it without going mad x

I don't think that you are likely to manage easily without help in developing coping techniques for your autistic traits, especially ones which alter your thinking when they are present and are unlikely to respond to your rational thoughts well.

My starting point would be a therapist with expertise in dealing with your symptoms and who is knowledgable about autism. You are likel to get much better advice and trained in detecting your risk when stressed so you can deploy effective coping techniques.

It takes time and practice, probably with a few failures along the way.

• My thinking, is that now I can understand my autism better, I may be able to manage it without going mad x

I don't think that you are likely to manage easily without help in developing coping techniques for your autistic traits, especially ones which alter your thinking when they are present and are unlikely to respond to your rational thoughts well.

My starting point would be a therapist with expertise in dealing with your symptoms and who is knowledgable about autism. You are likel to get much better advice and trained in detecting your risk when stressed so you can deploy effective coping techniques.

It takes time and practice, probably with a few failures along the way.

Children
  • Sorry about the format . This is a reply to all,I don’t really know what I’m doing haha. But promise to improve.

thank you all for your advice.

I managed to get a referral to the mental health practitioner, just waiting for the appointment.

fingers crossed.

regarding the physical, my options are diarrhoea and cramps 7 times a day or urinating and thrush. I chose poo!

I could excersise more.

thank you, I agree. What you all say makes sense to me. I really appreciate the heads up and a direction to go on.

thanks Slight smile