Morning, new here

Morning, new to anything like this x 

does anybody here take aripiprizole/abilify and also have diabetes? I am finding my sugar levels are more than doubled and am having difficulty controlling my diabetes x

i would like to stop taking the abilify as I have recently discovered that I have autism x unfortunately I go physchotic when under pressure and stress.  My thinking, is that now I can understand my autism better, I may be able to manage it without going mad x

I’m going to try this approach with the mental health practitioner tomorrow x

im hopeful,  but have previously been refused referral to the psychiatrist by the doctor. Neither doctor or psychiatrist wants to change anything x

meanwhile, I have a rare diabetic rash and slight retinopathy damage to my eyes.

any thoughts or advice most welcome

• Sorry about the format . This is a reply to all,I don’t really know what I’m doing haha. But promise to improve.

thank you all for your advice.

I managed to get a referral to the mental health practitioner, just waiting for the appointment.

fingers crossed.

regarding the physical, my options are diarrhoea and cramps 7 times a day or urinating and thrush. I chose poo!

I could excersise more.

thank you, I agree. What you all say makes sense to me. I really appreciate the heads up and a direction to go on.

thanks Slight smile

• diabetic rash ? I don't have diabetes. Did talk to the GP about the antidepressants which was helpful. 

• My thinking, is that now I can understand my autism better, I may be able to manage it without going mad x

I don't think that you are likely to manage easily without help in developing coping techniques for your autistic traits, especially ones which alter your thinking when they are present and are unlikely to respond to your rational thoughts well.

My starting point would be a therapist with expertise in dealing with your symptoms and who is knowledgable about autism. You are likel to get much better advice and trained in detecting your risk when stressed so you can deploy effective coping techniques.

It takes time and practice, probably with a few failures along the way.

• Hi. Have you talked to your mental health practitioner about your medication concerns? They might be able to adjust your dosage or suggest a different treatment. As for the diabetic rash and retinopathy damage, have you discussed treatment options with your doctor? In the meantime, maybe try focusing on managing your blood sugar levels through diet and exercise. Have you thought about snacking on graham crackers diabetes? They're tasty and low in sugar. I wish you all the best with your health journey.

• Thank you x good luck with your appointment x I get the impression you have visual hallucinations? Did I read that right? I’ve only had them once x I was most disturbed my head was telling me “to goSlight smileith it” but I was definitely panicking x I’m sorry if you struggle with this x i love your zen profile Slight smile

• Good morning

Welcome to the forum.

Great idea to approach your mental health practitioner re about the medication. Tried to take antidepressants and was like a zombie. Some medicine interact with others e.g. st Johns wort and antidepressants.

Used to take naproxen which isnt wise to drink excess alcohol. Now teetotal as used to take naproxen. I was going to start again slowly, thought not as I see things not there. People think it's a joke.

Managed to book a face to face GP appointment end of the month. 

This maybe helpful.