Hi?

Hello, sorry, I'm very new to forums as it were (I've looked at a few, but litteraly never tried to participate)

I'll admit, I don't know if I'm autistic, but I have strong suspicions that I might be and am trying to get a guage on weather or not I should be seriously looking at getting assesed.

sorry if this is the wrong place for that, if it is just let me know and I'll go

Parents
  • Oh right place for that.  I'd start with an AQ50.  You should find plenty for free online.

Then, if that and good old trip down the research rabbit hole leads you to the belief that you might be autistic, you have a choice.  Self-identify - good enough for us and not everyone wants the stress of an assessment, or go to your GP with your AQ50 and a list of reasons why you think you are autistic and how a diagnosis would benefit you and ask for a referral for an assessment. You'll be in for a long wait on the NHS mind.

Meanwhile, welcome.  Got questions?  We here to help

• Oh right place for that.  I'd start with an AQ50.  You should find plenty for free online.

Then, if that and good old trip down the research rabbit hole leads you to the belief that you might be autistic, you have a choice.  Self-identify - good enough for us and not everyone wants the stress of an assessment, or go to your GP with your AQ50 and a list of reasons why you think you are autistic and how a diagnosis would benefit you and ask for a referral for an assessment. You'll be in for a long wait on the NHS mind.

Meanwhile, welcome.  Got questions?  We here to help

Children