Recently diagnosed at 31

Hi everyone,

I’m a 31 year old women who has been diagnosed with ASD last week. I was given the report by my psychiatrist and then left to it. 

I’m struggling to know how to process, integrate and understand the news. I also have no idea how to share this with my family. 

I would really appreciate any advice on resources, and support for this early stage of understanding myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

Parents
  • Simply take your time. There’s a lot to think about, and much to process. Only when you feel at home with the idea should you consider telling others. Unless you want to get it out of the way? I just think you need time and space to think about what things you might want to do differently, and what things will help you day to day, once you know, you can share with others.

My diagnosis came in March 22, and I’m still learning about myself. And I thought I knew myself inside out at the time of assessment,…

• Simply take your time. There’s a lot to think about, and much to process. Only when you feel at home with the idea should you consider telling others. Unless you want to get it out of the way? I just think you need time and space to think about what things you might want to do differently, and what things will help you day to day, once you know, you can share with others.

My diagnosis came in March 22, and I’m still learning about myself. And I thought I knew myself inside out at the time of assessment,…

Children