Recently diagnosed at 31

Hi everyone,

I’m a 31 year old women who has been diagnosed with ASD last week. I was given the report by my psychiatrist and then left to it. 

I’m struggling to know how to process, integrate and understand the news. I also have no idea how to share this with my family. 

I would really appreciate any advice on resources, and support for this early stage of understanding myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

Parents
  • Hi and welcome.

First, your reaction yo the news is the same as many of us.  I am working my way through it at the moment.  

I have a thread on this site where i try to describe what it is like to be autistic. I will try and find a link.

I felt lost when it came to how i am supposed to interact with people ... and i guess i still do. I am, however, getting more comfortable with it, and better able to understand why i struggle.

• Hi and welcome.

First, your reaction yo the news is the same as many of us.  I am working my way through it at the moment.  

I have a thread on this site where i try to describe what it is like to be autistic. I will try and find a link.

I felt lost when it came to how i am supposed to interact with people ... and i guess i still do. I am, however, getting more comfortable with it, and better able to understand why i struggle.

Children