Autism spectrum

Hello beautiful people.I have a son age 6 almost and we speak 2 languages at the same time .His is a very beautiful and confident child but the school Senco thinks he has autism spectrum.I feel like they want to put that tag on my child .I have a friend with a child with autism and I know how autism is but I do not see anything into my child .He has friends he is playing but he talks but not a lot becasue I feel is speech delay and need support but not autism .I am lost becasue the school send my child for autism assessment but I will get help from my GP

Parents
  • Speaking as someone whose parents would've said similar stuff, it would've 100% been better for me if my autism had been picked up on at that kinda age instead of not being noticed for another nearly 30 years.

Not knowing someone's autistic doesn't mean that side of them doesn't exist; it just prevents you from helping them deal with the kinds of stresses that an autistic person may face in our world. And those stresses can build up silently for a long time.

• Speaking as someone whose parents would've said similar stuff, it would've 100% been better for me if my autism had been picked up on at that kinda age instead of not being noticed for another nearly 30 years.

Not knowing someone's autistic doesn't mean that side of them doesn't exist; it just prevents you from helping them deal with the kinds of stresses that an autistic person may face in our world. And those stresses can build up silently for a long time.

Children
No Data