May I come in?

Hello cockles,

May I come in?

I am currently waiting for my preliminary autism assessment (referred via a lovely Queen's nurse ANP at my surgery) and wanted to sit a spell in this forum for a while, or forever if I (hopefully!!) get an autism diagnosis. 

As seen in my profile I have a few special interests such as Renaissance literature, learning Spanish, maritime disasters (I know, morbid but it started with the Titanic and hasn't stopped since) and I love making kandi. 

From here on in I may be a long time lurker in this forum but I love reading everyone's threads because it makes me feel at ease and seen. I feel like I've found my people here!

Anyways, what's everyone's favourite obsession(s)?

- Freckles Revolving hearts

Parents
  • Hi Freckles. 

Welcome! Your interests sound really cool and, well, interesting. Hope your diagnosis journey brings you some clarity. 

My lifelong obsession since I was very young (I’m 45) has been Doctor Who. Sci-fi fandoms seem to have a high neurodiverse population compared to the general population so I suppose I should have realised way earlier that I am autistic. But I got diagnosed in Jan 2022, and what a relief. Not that it made life instantly easier (it never will) but something relaxed a bit in me. And that tilt of the mirror helped for sure in re-contextualing almost every ‘failure’ in large or small but helpful ways. Anyway, hope you like it here. 

• Hi Freckles. 

Welcome! Your interests sound really cool and, well, interesting. Hope your diagnosis journey brings you some clarity. 

My lifelong obsession since I was very young (I’m 45) has been Doctor Who. Sci-fi fandoms seem to have a high neurodiverse population compared to the general population so I suppose I should have realised way earlier that I am autistic. But I got diagnosed in Jan 2022, and what a relief. Not that it made life instantly easier (it never will) but something relaxed a bit in me. And that tilt of the mirror helped for sure in re-contextualing almost every ‘failure’ in large or small but helpful ways. Anyway, hope you like it here. 

Children
No Data