The Journey of I, Dream, the man...

Content Removed By: Author

Parents
  • Hi Longman,

Many thanks for your insight, and yes, "Sir" was purely intended as a form of polite respect (I had no idea it was interpreted sarcastically by some). I totally comprehend why you would wish no such "title" was used or attributed to you and promise to remember not to do it again when addressing you... do people really use "Sir" sarcastically? I'm actually quite shocked by that!

As I read you were a retired lecturer in your profile, it just seemed an appropriate form of address, but thank you for your understanding and acceptance that those of us with Aspergers oft fail to comprehend "social etiquette" in any given circumstance (and I used to think it was purely my upbringing which made me unable to accept complements or flattery!).

Thank you also for pointing out that by originating a thread it is not "mine" per se. As one who has actually perceived their own ego/persona/character/mind and sees "self aware" in a sense that most do not appear to (by being aware of "Self" as "not me"), I fully appreciate threads may take on a life of their own (although I'm a tad concerned when you say "be prepared to lose all sense of reason" as I rely upon rationale and reason! *chuckle*).

Thanks again for "making contact".

• Hi Longman,

Many thanks for your insight, and yes, "Sir" was purely intended as a form of polite respect (I had no idea it was interpreted sarcastically by some). I totally comprehend why you would wish no such "title" was used or attributed to you and promise to remember not to do it again when addressing you... do people really use "Sir" sarcastically? I'm actually quite shocked by that!

As I read you were a retired lecturer in your profile, it just seemed an appropriate form of address, but thank you for your understanding and acceptance that those of us with Aspergers oft fail to comprehend "social etiquette" in any given circumstance (and I used to think it was purely my upbringing which made me unable to accept complements or flattery!).

Thank you also for pointing out that by originating a thread it is not "mine" per se. As one who has actually perceived their own ego/persona/character/mind and sees "self aware" in a sense that most do not appear to (by being aware of "Self" as "not me"), I fully appreciate threads may take on a life of their own (although I'm a tad concerned when you say "be prepared to lose all sense of reason" as I rely upon rationale and reason! *chuckle*).

Thanks again for "making contact".

Children
No Data