The Journey of I, Dream, the man...

Content Removed By: Author

Parents
  • Huh?  The council is demanding payment for what?

Glad you have an understanding psychiatrist.  There aren't too many of those about.

What these agencies don't seem to understand, is that ASC isn't a static condition.  Coping levels change depending on environment and other factors.  Existential stress accumulates until you get to a point of "Aspie burnout" and your functioning actually declines.  I don't know if it ever returns to pre-burnout levels either.  So I am flummoxed and despairing over the DWP imagining with the passage of time, someone with AS can suddenly bounce back and be unimpaired, undisabled and "normal".  I will never be "normal" according to what society deems the term to mean.  Even my meds make my AS traits worse as they remove some of the social anxiety that stops me being as forthright, repetitive, annoying etc.  The system was not made for us, and it's a diabolical fight the whole way.  (Therein lies another conspiracy theory).

I believe the government is giving with one hand and taking away with the other.  Passing an Autism Act and Autism Strategy, then not policing it and probably giving instructions to diagnostic agencies to avoid diagnosing as many people as possible.  Then they don't have to provide the supports.

Severe mental impairment, I like it.  I may put a post-it note on my forehead stating those very words.Tongue Out

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one with conspiracy DVDs.  I won't mention the books then...Money Mouth

• Huh?  The council is demanding payment for what?

Glad you have an understanding psychiatrist.  There aren't too many of those about.

What these agencies don't seem to understand, is that ASC isn't a static condition.  Coping levels change depending on environment and other factors.  Existential stress accumulates until you get to a point of "Aspie burnout" and your functioning actually declines.  I don't know if it ever returns to pre-burnout levels either.  So I am flummoxed and despairing over the DWP imagining with the passage of time, someone with AS can suddenly bounce back and be unimpaired, undisabled and "normal".  I will never be "normal" according to what society deems the term to mean.  Even my meds make my AS traits worse as they remove some of the social anxiety that stops me being as forthright, repetitive, annoying etc.  The system was not made for us, and it's a diabolical fight the whole way.  (Therein lies another conspiracy theory).

I believe the government is giving with one hand and taking away with the other.  Passing an Autism Act and Autism Strategy, then not policing it and probably giving instructions to diagnostic agencies to avoid diagnosing as many people as possible.  Then they don't have to provide the supports.

Severe mental impairment, I like it.  I may put a post-it note on my forehead stating those very words.Tongue Out

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one with conspiracy DVDs.  I won't mention the books then...Money Mouth

Children
No Data