Is there anyone to say hello to?

This is my first post, so I wonder if there is anyone to say hello to? 

My name is Edgar, living in Sweden with ADHD and now Autism the doctor says. Really cool to be here and post a blog for the community saying hello and hopefully get an answer back. Since many people in the real world won´t get it, like a hello is a hello, it doesn´t has to lead to something else.

I actually walked by a really cute woman today and she looked at me for a long time, so I guessed she wanted to say hello. What happend? When I came close to her and said hi, she just looked at me like What are you doing? Then she walked away. Trust me I don´t say hi to people, but when I do, they ignore me.

So yeah I found this community like 1 hour after that incident and if I get ignored here I´ll just move to Mars.

That´s it, is there anyone to say hello to?

Now a question, should I write "Kind Regards" after this post? 

• I am glad you asked me that question, and happy to answer to you  

Whatever is my opinion about Sweden, in all surveys it is and have long been in the top 10 countries worldwide. I think that the surveys forgot our Game of Thrones winter that is pretty scary, that swedish people is maybe not the best country for an autistic/ADHD 26 year old male. 

Also the language isn´t the funniest, the culture is kind of boring (my opinion). I dream of leaving this country for France. 

I do however think Sweden is a great choise for people fleeing from war, poverty ect as here newcomers are very well received, probably best in the world. I am born here so I´ve just got used to everything.

Did you like my answer, do you have any other questions about Sweden? I´ve no clue how Hungary is btw. 

• I rarely use Kind Regards as it generally means I'm peed off! 

In order of niceness for me - I use Cheers, Thanks or Ta, Hope that makes sense, Regards, Kind Regards or nothing if I'm really cross.

• Hi Edgar and everybody,

I would have been happy you spoke to me. I do not understand the how to look at people/not look at people/ smile/not smile at people in the street at all but it would have been nice to feel less lonely.

Kirsty

• Hi Edgar. I am based n Hungary. How do you like Sweden? 

• What a relief to hear your reply, because I have never thought of that before, but when I do think about it, maybe the weather plays a role, I mean it is often dark and cold here, so people just avoid each other. 

I will further on try to analyze whether people use more eye contact during daytime or nighttime and indoors; in the library, mall, restaurants, respective outdoors.

By the way, I love that name of yours, IndigoMandala. What does it mean?

• Amazed that someone made eye contact with you in sweden. 

• Smile is a lovely word, yes. 
    Think I should try it more often. Lol. 

•  

Awesome question, really I just checked that up and saw that there are in grey colour three alternativs to sort the replies, Oldest, Votes, Newest then there is the Top replies at the top. Try it out.

I thought about the word smile as you wrote it, and it hit me that it is really a true gift to be able to smile, and make others smile. So powerful 

• Hello Edgar, welcome ‘home’!

You make me smile actually as I think I must be a lot older than you but I also wonder when one should use ‘kind regards’!

By the way, everyone else, how do you read all the replies when they’re bunched up ? 

Do you somehow stretch them all out? ThinkingJoy

• It´s like a wave from the sea and people just start surfing together, having fun and then someone might fall into the water but it´s still fun. 

I like this visualisation very much.  Bravo.

• It is amazing being able to talk to everyone here

Its a good place full of warm understanding people I think your really like it :o) 

• Fun to see you taking time and writing in this post  

I am not ethnically swedish but born here and it is my nationality as I´ve not really lived in my familys home country (Syria).

But I really do see myself more as an european rather than swedish regarding nationality, I´ve lived in France for 2 years and I am as fascinating as you are about Norway. I can highly recommend that you read books that you have a interest in but in the norwegian language. As for me, I am doing that in french (just started out). Language is probably the first contact with a country and culture, also the first barrier if not fully harnessed.

Awesome reply from you

Really, I appreciate how much power there is in the word hello. It´s like a wave from the sea and people just start surfing together, having fun and then someone might fall into the water but it´s still fun. 

For you I´ll write Kind regards, but further on I´ll just end it informally in this forum.

• Sorry, I was just puzzled why it would be inappropriate so I made a bad guess. They are interesting people, rather private. Yes, the news when I was there seemed less extreme. One news story involved some people who had sadly died from drinking dodgy moonshine, but it wasn't a group of students but a bridge club. Quite an eccentric people, in the summer they ski along the dual carriageway on roller skis and in winter they jog through a foot of snow at 2am in shorts (I saw both of these).

I also like that when they made a lot of money from oil they invested in the people and most of their energy comes from hydroelectric. They do have some problems though, nowhere is perfect. Good luck finding a way to work there, not sure how easy that is. One of my friends did manage to get a job there, so it can be done.

• I wasn't looking for a hook-up via your mates or contacts....I just wondered if you had the privilege of keeping in touch and getting to know or understand some individual Norwegians.  They are rich, calm, purposeful and live in an incredibly beautiful place.........and they manage to produce VERY little bad news worthy of global attention.  The Norwegian people (en mass) absolutely fascinate and intrigue me.

I do want to visit - but not as a tourist - I'd like to find a route to work out there for a wee while to properly sample the culture and psyche.

• I reckon I should report you to the MODS for bring a doppelganger stalker........but no, wait - perhaps I'm the doppelganger stalker...oh angst!!

• Oh I love Norway, I didn't want to leave. I do still have fb friends there who I suppose i could contact, but I am rubbish at actually keeping in touch... (I'm almost certainly autistic don't you know! We'll know for sure in a week and half) but then at least some of  them are the kind of people I would expect to be able to just pick back up where we left off. Why would you want to know about my contacts though? I am mostly oblivious to whether a question is inappropriate unless it is blindingly obvious though, why might it be inappropriate? Oh, maybe you want to meet some Norwegians I might be able to introduce you to? Sorry, I'm not really in touch with any enough to do that, some of the people over there who I know are not actually Norwegians. I do have this annoying tendency to let friendships drift, i gather it's an autistic trait though, so not really surprising.

You should visit there if you ever can though, it shouldn't disappoint! The fjords are even more beautiful in real life than they look. I could seriously derail this thread though, maybe we should start a Norway thread?

• And here we agree again...

• Triker!  I never knew that about you.  I have a yearning to visit Norway and to meet some Norwegian people.  There is something so magical and mystical about everything "Norway" to me.  Do you still have contacts over there (obs, ignore question if too inappropriate here......I'm Autistic don't you know!)

• Good evening Edgar,

It is good to have you here on the pages.  Thank you for saying hello.  You are very welcome here.

I hope we speak again soon.

Kind regards

Number

[Just to prove that the British are a very mixed bunch and write and speak quite differently from each other sometimes!  Debbie is my friend - and I do agree with her that it is unusual to sign-off with a "kind regards"......but then I am quite unusual.]

• Hej hej! Are you Swedish, or just living there? I lived in Norway for half a year so I studied Norwegian but I understand some Swedish too. Scandinavia is a beautiful part of the world.