Is there anyone to say hello to?

This is my first post, so I wonder if there is anyone to say hello to? 

My name is Edgar, living in Sweden with ADHD and now Autism the doctor says. Really cool to be here and post a blog for the community saying hello and hopefully get an answer back. Since many people in the real world won´t get it, like a hello is a hello, it doesn´t has to lead to something else.

I actually walked by a really cute woman today and she looked at me for a long time, so I guessed she wanted to say hello. What happend? When I came close to her and said hi, she just looked at me like What are you doing? Then she walked away. Trust me I don´t say hi to people, but when I do, they ignore me.

So yeah I found this community like 1 hour after that incident and if I get ignored here I´ll just move to Mars.

That´s it, is there anyone to say hello to?

Now a question, should I write "Kind Regards" after this post? 

Parents
  • Hej hej! Are you Swedish, or just living there? I lived in Norway for half a year so I studied Norwegian but I understand some Swedish too. Scandinavia is a beautiful part of the world.

• Triker!  I never knew that about you.  I have a yearning to visit Norway and to meet some Norwegian people.  There is something so magical and mystical about everything "Norway" to me.  Do you still have contacts over there (obs, ignore question if too inappropriate here......I'm Autistic don't you know!)

• Oh I love Norway, I didn't want to leave. I do still have fb friends there who I suppose i could contact, but I am rubbish at actually keeping in touch... (I'm almost certainly autistic don't you know! We'll know for sure in a week and half) but then at least some of  them are the kind of people I would expect to be able to just pick back up where we left off. Why would you want to know about my contacts though? I am mostly oblivious to whether a question is inappropriate unless it is blindingly obvious though, why might it be inappropriate? Oh, maybe you want to meet some Norwegians I might be able to introduce you to? Sorry, I'm not really in touch with any enough to do that, some of the people over there who I know are not actually Norwegians. I do have this annoying tendency to let friendships drift, i gather it's an autistic trait though, so not really surprising.

You should visit there if you ever can though, it shouldn't disappoint! The fjords are even more beautiful in real life than they look. I could seriously derail this thread though, maybe we should start a Norway thread?

• Wow! That is eccentric!

• Hej, thanks for writing in my post. I actually answered but now I see my post wasn´t published. Sorry for that. Cool facts about Norway you wrote. 

I am born in Sweden but not ethnically swede. Also I have heard good about Norway, they are generous, very kind and good hearted people. I suppose that you live in the UK?

I actually like London, probably because of Mr Beans movies when he was a spy/agent there. Many people in Sweden work in Norway. Just be aware that if you go there to make money, then one important thing to take in account is the prices in Norway are very high. 

• Sorry, I was just puzzled why it would be inappropriate so I made a bad guess. They are interesting people, rather private. Yes, the news when I was there seemed less extreme. One news story involved some people who had sadly died from drinking dodgy moonshine, but it wasn't a group of students but a bridge club. Quite an eccentric people, in the summer they ski along the dual carriageway on roller skis and in winter they jog through a foot of snow at 2am in shorts (I saw both of these).

I also like that when they made a lot of money from oil they invested in the people and most of their energy comes from hydroelectric. They do have some problems though, nowhere is perfect. Good luck finding a way to work there, not sure how easy that is. One of my friends did manage to get a job there, so it can be done.

• Sorry, I was just puzzled why it would be inappropriate so I made a bad guess. They are interesting people, rather private. Yes, the news when I was there seemed less extreme. One news story involved some people who had sadly died from drinking dodgy moonshine, but it wasn't a group of students but a bridge club. Quite an eccentric people, in the summer they ski along the dual carriageway on roller skis and in winter they jog through a foot of snow at 2am in shorts (I saw both of these).

I also like that when they made a lot of money from oil they invested in the people and most of their energy comes from hydroelectric. They do have some problems though, nowhere is perfect. Good luck finding a way to work there, not sure how easy that is. One of my friends did manage to get a job there, so it can be done.

Children
  • Wow! That is eccentric!

• Hej, thanks for writing in my post. I actually answered but now I see my post wasn´t published. Sorry for that. Cool facts about Norway you wrote. 

I am born in Sweden but not ethnically swede. Also I have heard good about Norway, they are generous, very kind and good hearted people. I suppose that you live in the UK?

I actually like London, probably because of Mr Beans movies when he was a spy/agent there. Many people in Sweden work in Norway. Just be aware that if you go there to make money, then one important thing to take in account is the prices in Norway are very high.