Getting diagnosed without parents knowing

Hi I’m Sophia I’m 16 years old I’ve have been doing a bunch of research on autism and thing about me make a lot of sense now. But I don’t know how to get a professional diagnosis with out my mom or dad know. When I bring up this type of thing to my parents they just brush it off but if I do have this I want the help that I can get because it has been so hard for me.

Parents
  • At 16 I should think you are old enough to do this without parental permission, but I am no expert, so that might not be the case. But you could ask your GP, and ask them not to inform your parents. That would be your obvious first step, but the process can take 3 years or even more in some areas. If you have a few hundred pounds you could go private, the one I am about to use is about 300ish for the pre-assessment (depending how long it takes) and the wait time is only a few weeks.

PS you shouldn't use your full real name on here, so if that's your real name you should change, if it's an alias you're fine!

• At 16 I should think you are old enough to do this without parental permission, but I am no expert, so that might not be the case. But you could ask your GP, and ask them not to inform your parents. That would be your obvious first step, but the process can take 3 years or even more in some areas. If you have a few hundred pounds you could go private, the one I am about to use is about 300ish for the pre-assessment (depending how long it takes) and the wait time is only a few weeks.

PS you shouldn't use your full real name on here, so if that's your real name you should change, if it's an alias you're fine!

Children
No Data