Hi all. Feeling lost

I am a 60 year old male diagnosed a few weeks ago. This is my second post I have just commented on a 'why get diagnosed post' Simply seeking a diagnosis I felt would not make a jot of difference, which ever way it went. Not at my age so I was very ambivalent. On actually receiving the diagnosis I now feel that seeking a diagnosis is one of the worst things I have ever done. I feel lost. 

Parents
  • Seriously thank you all. I have spent many years being told I have a MH problem and have worked very hard to get better. I have tried to adopt strategies to 'fit in' for many years now. I am not great at conversations and upset people. I know you know what I mean. In order to try to achieve this I am overly polite and agreeable. Are you saying do not be like this accept I'll always be on the peripheries. I guess like many others this is a dangerous strategy as I have lost several jobs by simply asking please accept me as me and try and accommodate my world a little

• Seriously thank you all. I have spent many years being told I have a MH problem and have worked very hard to get better. I have tried to adopt strategies to 'fit in' for many years now. I am not great at conversations and upset people. I know you know what I mean. In order to try to achieve this I am overly polite and agreeable. Are you saying do not be like this accept I'll always be on the peripheries. I guess like many others this is a dangerous strategy as I have lost several jobs by simply asking please accept me as me and try and accommodate my world a little

Children
No Data