Hi all. Feeling lost

I am a 60 year old male diagnosed a few weeks ago. This is my second post I have just commented on a 'why get diagnosed post' Simply seeking a diagnosis I felt would not make a jot of difference, which ever way it went. Not at my age so I was very ambivalent. On actually receiving the diagnosis I now feel that seeking a diagnosis is one of the worst things I have ever done. I feel lost. 

Parents
  • I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve had days like this as well since my diagnosis (aged 37) in February. I’ve also had days where I’ve been better able to understand why I’m “a certain way” and try new strategies to deal with it. 

I’ve had lots of helpful support and advice from this forum, and a recurring theme is that this sort of thing is very normal. Just try and be kind to yourself as best you can whilst you adjust to the diagnosis. 

• I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve had days like this as well since my diagnosis (aged 37) in February. I’ve also had days where I’ve been better able to understand why I’m “a certain way” and try new strategies to deal with it. 

I’ve had lots of helpful support and advice from this forum, and a recurring theme is that this sort of thing is very normal. Just try and be kind to yourself as best you can whilst you adjust to the diagnosis. 

Children
No Data