Feeling lost with my 14 year old daughter

She says we are too different seems she doesn’t like me or her dad says he doesn’t talk to her enough and I’m too much.

Gets mad at me all the time for trying to chat w her and stays in her room. I’m constantly trying not to upset her and crying secretly because I feel helpless.

any advice ? She was recently diagnosed & is starting therapy I think will as well.

Parents
  • I'd say if she's telling you she wants space, give her some for now. She's probably going through a hard time and teenagers usually want to have some sense of control often by isolating themselves for a while, she's probably very stressed. Be kind to yourself. I'm 23f and diagnosed with autism when I was 20. Highschool was a nightmare for me, completely overwhelming and I wasn't supported. it seems you care for your daughter which is good, don't forget that. My mum didnt bother with me at all and actually prevented me from getting diagnosed as a teenager. 

• I'd say if she's telling you she wants space, give her some for now. She's probably going through a hard time and teenagers usually want to have some sense of control often by isolating themselves for a while, she's probably very stressed. Be kind to yourself. I'm 23f and diagnosed with autism when I was 20. Highschool was a nightmare for me, completely overwhelming and I wasn't supported. it seems you care for your daughter which is good, don't forget that. My mum didnt bother with me at all and actually prevented me from getting diagnosed as a teenager. 

Children
No Data