Lonely struggle to make friends

Hi im a 30 year old female with aspergers i was diagnosed when i was 22 i have constantly struggled with meeting people and have zero friends to talk to, i feel so lonely any ideas on how to change this.

Lis

Just to add ive had 1 friend who recently moved away with her boyfriend and now im back to square 1

Parents
  • Sometimes I think titles such as "friends" get in the way and end up making us feel even more isolated. When I feel this way I try to appreciate even the small connections in life from the pleasant conversations you've had or even just a time someone smiled at you in passing. The point I'm trying to make is that its easy to feel isolated and alone but its surprisingly difficult to actually be completely alone. In terms of moving forwards I think its important to make small changes in your life (at your own pace) to put yourself in situations with people. Maybe try a concert or if you prefer something quieter perhaps go the library more often (see if they have any book clubs or anything like that) but honestly this is what I recommend but I still struggle with this too.

• Sometimes I think titles such as "friends" get in the way and end up making us feel even more isolated. When I feel this way I try to appreciate even the small connections in life from the pleasant conversations you've had or even just a time someone smiled at you in passing. The point I'm trying to make is that its easy to feel isolated and alone but its surprisingly difficult to actually be completely alone. In terms of moving forwards I think its important to make small changes in your life (at your own pace) to put yourself in situations with people. Maybe try a concert or if you prefer something quieter perhaps go the library more often (see if they have any book clubs or anything like that) but honestly this is what I recommend but I still struggle with this too.

Children
No Data