Lonely struggle to make friends

Hi im a 30 year old female with aspergers i was diagnosed when i was 22 i have constantly struggled with meeting people and have zero friends to talk to, i feel so lonely any ideas on how to change this.

Lis

Just to add ive had 1 friend who recently moved away with her boyfriend and now im back to square 1

Parents
  • Hello Lis, welcome to the forum!

I was diagnosed with Level 2 ASD at the age of 24, I'm now nearly 28.

I also struggle to meet people. Really, I have only been in touch with one friend from primary school. He moved to London for work, he then met his girlfriend. He now lives in Norwich. We still communicate by email.

My trouble with meeting people is mainly based on trust issues, due to how I was treated in high school and some of my workplaces.

• Hi and thank you for replying Relaxed️, i am the same i struggle to meet people, thats partly because of the way i was treated in school etc aswell, i was always the outsider and classed as different, at 30 year's old i still feel the same now its just difficult aint to to find people that completely accept you for who you are.

• Hi and thank you for replying Relaxed️, i am the same i struggle to meet people, thats partly because of the way i was treated in school etc aswell, i was always the outsider and classed as different, at 30 year's old i still feel the same now its just difficult aint to to find people that completely accept you for who you are.

Children
No Data