Does anyone else look younger than their age? I'm 24 and people constantly wrongly assume my age and won't serve me in shops. >_<

I'm 24 and people constantly wrongly assume my age and won't serve me in shops. >_<

Parents
  • Nobody believes me when I say I'm 45.  Looks of shock all around. 

Just keep your ID with you in case you're asked.  And you will reach a point when it becomes a good thing. ;)

• Im 45 as well and it’s the same level of disbelief I get met with. Unfortunately in the opposite direction.i recently complimented two friends older than me for looking younger than their years. ‘Yes but what happened to you?’ They said. ‘Where was that paper round of yours again? Chernobyl?’ 

though I’ve  also had (just)one or two people tell me I look younger than my age. I do have fewer wrinkles than average I think, and no eye bags yet. 

I have this issue where the last thing said to me kind of sets reality objectively in stone. Especially if critical. But a compliment sincerely given could temporarily have me accepting I might look ok. That one’s rare so there’s no danger of me getting an ego - or even self esteem 

• Im 45 as well and it’s the same level of disbelief I get met with. Unfortunately in the opposite direction.i recently complimented two friends older than me for looking younger than their years. ‘Yes but what happened to you?’ They said. ‘Where was that paper round of yours again? Chernobyl?’ 

though I’ve  also had (just)one or two people tell me I look younger than my age. I do have fewer wrinkles than average I think, and no eye bags yet. 

I have this issue where the last thing said to me kind of sets reality objectively in stone. Especially if critical. But a compliment sincerely given could temporarily have me accepting I might look ok. That one’s rare so there’s no danger of me getting an ego - or even self esteem 

Children