Diagnoses at 53 years old

Hi Iam Stuart 

I got my diagnoses in july last year .its still sinking in but i feel the mask has dropped dramatically. 

Iam still wondering about deficits . i know i miss social Ques and struggle with body language .

I feel like life just started and ive missed loads ..

Anyway hello from me in the desolate North West 

Parents
  • I struggle with directions. And I take a while to process instructions, and what is being said. I need it to sink in if you will. So I prefer written instruction etc. Where communications is concerned, I am spot on with body language and reading people, but since NTs expect you to know what they are inferring without specifying it in the conversation, it can sometimes be missed.

• Oh my goodness, yes! NT people seem to think we're all psychic. Why can't they just spit it out? I imagine being polite and so very English might be part of it but what harm would it do to say: "Well, our time is up now" or something like that? I had a psychotherapist who would gently say "Well, it's time" and that was that. I never found it intrusive or ambiguous. So: I'm all for bluntness ;-)

• Oh my goodness, yes! NT people seem to think we're all psychic. Why can't they just spit it out? I imagine being polite and so very English might be part of it but what harm would it do to say: "Well, our time is up now" or something like that? I had a psychotherapist who would gently say "Well, it's time" and that was that. I never found it intrusive or ambiguous. So: I'm all for bluntness ;-)

Children
No Data