Diagnoses at 53 years old

Hi Iam Stuart 

I got my diagnoses in july last year .its still sinking in but i feel the mask has dropped dramatically. 

Iam still wondering about deficits . i know i miss social Ques and struggle with body language .

I feel like life just started and ive missed loads ..

Anyway hello from me in the desolate North West 

Parents
  • I struggle with directions. And I take a while to process instructions, and what is being said. I need it to sink in if you will. So I prefer written instruction etc. Where communications is concerned, I am spot on with body language and reading people, but since NTs expect you to know what they are inferring without specifying it in the conversation, it can sometimes be missed.

• I struggle with directions. And I take a while to process instructions, and what is being said. I need it to sink in if you will. So I prefer written instruction etc. Where communications is concerned, I am spot on with body language and reading people, but since NTs expect you to know what they are inferring without specifying it in the conversation, it can sometimes be missed.

Children
  • Oh my goodness, yes! NT people seem to think we're all psychic. Why can't they just spit it out? I imagine being polite and so very English might be part of it but what harm would it do to say: "Well, our time is up now" or something like that? I had a psychotherapist who would gently say "Well, it's time" and that was that. I never found it intrusive or ambiguous. So: I'm all for bluntness ;-)