Hello

Good afternoon,

I wanted come and say hello before I start asking a multitude of questions and asking for advice, so, Hi everybody Blush I’m James. I’m autistic and like many others, I struggle with a lot of stuff which keeps me in doors much of the time.

My diagnosis came just before Christmas but for years I had been diagnosed with agoraphobia and social phobias, social anxiety, even PTSD. The repeated therapy never worked and nobody questioned why. That was until some information (sen statement) from childhood came to light, then it was recommended I be assessed for Autism, and just like that, here I am in my 40’s trying to make sense of it all and learn about who I really am. I'm looking forward to it.

I really don’t know where to start but I’ll get there, I think!

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the community. I hope you find this place to be as helpful and thought provoking as I have. Many here are so helpful and can offer views from many perspectives. It’s a great place to turn to when questions arrive.

I reckon a lot of us can relate to this sentiment, but, you’ve already taken your first step.

All the best.

• Hello and welcome to the community. I hope you find this place to be as helpful and thought provoking as I have. Many here are so helpful and can offer views from many perspectives. It’s a great place to turn to when questions arrive.

I reckon a lot of us can relate to this sentiment, but, you’ve already taken your first step.

All the best.

Children
No Data