Getting my son to sleep at night time

Hi there I’m Alistair my son was diagnosed with autism a while ago , I’m having many problems with getting son to sleep at night he will just sit on he’s chair and refuse to go into he’s bed or be will just sit on the stairs and refuse , any dads out there having the same problems and have you found anything has worked for you .

many thanks Alistair 

Parents
  • I confirm, AuDHD kid sleeps very little. I did 6 days 3-4h sleep and lazy sleepoff on Sunday 10-11h, since I was 10y.o. So, forcing your boy to go to sleep too early will only aggravate and estrange him more and more. I had to turn lights off and pretend I'm asleep so when everyone else have fallen asleep I could start reading a book with a flashlight under duvet. So if he decides at some point that there is no way to make you understand he will start hiding things from you, and find his own way

• I confirm, AuDHD kid sleeps very little. I did 6 days 3-4h sleep and lazy sleepoff on Sunday 10-11h, since I was 10y.o. So, forcing your boy to go to sleep too early will only aggravate and estrange him more and more. I had to turn lights off and pretend I'm asleep so when everyone else have fallen asleep I could start reading a book with a flashlight under duvet. So if he decides at some point that there is no way to make you understand he will start hiding things from you, and find his own way

Children
No Data