Getting my son to sleep at night time

Hi there I’m Alistair my son was diagnosed with autism a while ago , I’m having many problems with getting son to sleep at night he will just sit on he’s chair and refuse to go into he’s bed or be will just sit on the stairs and refuse , any dads out there having the same problems and have you found anything has worked for you .

many thanks Alistair 

Parents
  • I am autistic and have ADHD. As a kid I slept four hours per night - I just didn't need sleep. You don't say how old your son is.  I had to be in my room at bedtime - which was quite late anyway - and could read, listen to the radio, play quietly (e.g. Lego) or whatever. If your son is able to function with just a few hours of sleep, maybe just say that he needs to be in his room and quiet, rather than actually be in bed.  Dimmable, colour-changing lights might help, particularly if they are linked to Alexa and voice-controlled.

• I am autistic and have ADHD. As a kid I slept four hours per night - I just didn't need sleep. You don't say how old your son is.  I had to be in my room at bedtime - which was quite late anyway - and could read, listen to the radio, play quietly (e.g. Lego) or whatever. If your son is able to function with just a few hours of sleep, maybe just say that he needs to be in his room and quiet, rather than actually be in bed.  Dimmable, colour-changing lights might help, particularly if they are linked to Alexa and voice-controlled.

Children
No Data