Looking for advice please

Hi. My son is 18 (just!) and only received his formal diagnosis last year. It has been a battle. We have no support from anyone. His school are trying their best to do what they can but he has been refused an EHCP and I am so worried about how he will get on in life.  His A Levels are approaching and he is struggling to revise. He has meltdowns most days and can’t face the world. I don’t know what I am doing. Please can someone help? My mental health is non existent at the moment 

Parents
  • It seems like the treadmill of GCSEs, A levels, university is inevitable, and that to stumble or fall off is the end of all hope for a rewarding future life. My elder child dropped out of A levels in the lower 6th, then took a year out doing nothing, but recovering from the stress of the A level courses she took. She then went to a further education college to take fine art courses, got into a university art school, but then changed courses in her first semester and ended up with a first class BSc in acoustics and sound engineering. If you can convince your son that his A levels are not the be all and end all, it may take some of the self-imposed stress off him and allow him to prepare for and take his exams in a more relaxed frame of mind.

• It seems like the treadmill of GCSEs, A levels, university is inevitable, and that to stumble or fall off is the end of all hope for a rewarding future life. My elder child dropped out of A levels in the lower 6th, then took a year out doing nothing, but recovering from the stress of the A level courses she took. She then went to a further education college to take fine art courses, got into a university art school, but then changed courses in her first semester and ended up with a first class BSc in acoustics and sound engineering. If you can convince your son that his A levels are not the be all and end all, it may take some of the self-imposed stress off him and allow him to prepare for and take his exams in a more relaxed frame of mind.

Children
No Data